2017 Program of Work
The Reidsville Chamber of Commerce, established in 1923 by business leaders in our community, has grown to an organization representing businesses on a local, state and national level. The Chamber has served as the advocate of the business community, addressing issues and concerns for the betterment of Reidsville. Our goal is to represent you to your current and potential customers, to grow you business and to promote new business that will complement and increase the climate for economic growth and success.
To accomplish these goals the Chamber staff and volunteer leadership work together, using various committees. Services range from lobbying efforts to business services to economic development to tourism and visitor services and networking opportunities.
The mission of the Chamber cannot be achieved without support from a growing number of members/investors. In order to attract and involve the business community, the Chamber must create value in the form of service to our members. It is our goal to have all members receive Chamber benefits that meet their needs and exceed expectations for return on investment.
Innovative features and benefits are designed to enhance your membership investment. The chamber focuses on networking and marketing opportunities, and better communications.
· Promote the Chamber and Chamber activities through the use of membership surveys, email communications, Website, newsletters, relocation packets, MyeBatch.com web feature
· Promote members by providing opportunities to members such as:
· Chamber Coffees, networking opportunities, Business Showcase, seminars for personal and professional development, annual Golf tournament, annual Awards Banquet, Staff Appreciation Luncheon, Business After-hours, sponsorship opportunities, and enhanced web listings
· Maintain a community calendar of events
· Promote business to business benefits
· Establish focus groups for topical discussions and feedback
The Chamber works to promote economic growth and enhance the business environment through mentoring and education. In order to accomplish this, the Chamber works to promote existing businesses, provide workforce training, and develop programs to serve the needs of our members.
· Continue with Women in Business Forums for open discussion of issues and concerns of women in the workplace
· Continue with the Young Professionals group to involve future community leaders
· Promote and assist with Leadership Rockingham
· Develop programs to better prepare job seekers on workplace etiquette
· Publicize county resources and develop partnerships for training
· Enhance the annual Business Showcase
· Work together with JobLink, RCC Small Business Center, and the Rockingham County Business & Technology Center to provide services for members
· Increase communications with members to better serve needs of the business community
· Partner with local elementary school to bring "The Leader in Me" training to prepare children to be 21st Century leaders
The Chamber is the voice for business. We advocate for our members. Working relationships with governmental bodies, departments and officials are critical to the effectiveness of the Chamber. The Chamber represents our members' interests through interaction with local, county, state and federal officials. Our vision is to enhance the business environment with advocacy so that our community thrives economically and socially, and the community is ever improving its quality of life. Our goal is that the cost of and barriers to operating a successful business are reduced, and that community officials and leaders understand the value of jobs to our local community.
· Facilitate Candidates forums
· Provide Legislative Luncheons
· Develop focus groups for topical discussions and community enhancement
· Participate in local initiatives that may
· Educate our members on issues that may affect them or the community
· Continue participation in the Triad Chambers group for a regional voice of business
· Speak louder and prouder about the Chamber's positions on behalf of the businesses